5.25.2012

YUMMY IN MY TUMMY

Ooooh, yes, the breakfast of champions.  I am such a breakfast person, in fact I always have breakfast food in my house and almost never have things like steak, or food boys like to eat.  I've tried, but I just love morning meals so much that when I'm at the grocery store I buy enough for weeks... can't stop my self. And when there is nothing left in the fridge but eggs and bacon?  Three words for ya: BREAKFAST FOR DINNER.  So you can imagine my joy when my dear friend Carey Beth introduced me to this kick ass day starter... thank you CB.  To make my morning even better, Tim brought me piping hot coffee from the newest Portland coffee spot, Speckled Ax Espresso, a venture by wood fire roasted coffee guy, Matt Bolinder, a perfect pairing.

Here's how ya get it:

1/2 c Quaker Oatmeal (the classic)
Pinch of Salt
1 T Flax Seed Oil
Honey
Fresh Fruit
Dried Fruit
Nuts
Greek Yogut (I prefer Total 0% Fage)

- boil the water, add the oats, a little salt, and wait.... follow the directions on the box and you can't mess this one up.
- Stir in honey, the flax seed oil for a little nutty flavor and you daily omega-3's, fresh fruit, dried fruit, and nuts, per your taste.
- add a dollop of greek yogurt on top and enjoy!

Have a great weekend!

-Avery

2 comments:

  1. yes! so glad that my Maine lovey is enjoying this breakfast of champs! xoxo, CB

    ReplyDelete
  2. another breakfast lover ! I, too, from time to time (let's be honest, when I'm too lazy to bother cooking) make myself a breakfast dinner (or breakner !), but it's waaaaaaay less elaborate than yours !
    It's actually a bowl of cornflakes. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...