10.16.2012

MAIRA KALMAN/ NEW YORKER

Saw a show of Maira Kalman's at the Jewish Museum on the Upper East Side a year or two ago and was completely enchanted. She has been a part of my life since "Ooh, la, la, Max in Love" was published in 1991. The whimsy of her sketches make me laugh every time, and there is a feel good quality to her work that I am so drawn to. While exploring her website recently, I came across some of the covers she did for the New Yorker that I hadn't seen, and had to share. The color makes me smile... Killin' it in the duck hat. These could be excellent halloween inspirations.  
I also just picked up her new book "Food Rules" written by Michael Pollan, and have loved it! A definite recommendation and good gift (keep it in mind for the upcoming holidays!)


1 comment:

  1. Nice sketches!!! I love the art!! would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin?
    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...