7.25.2012

LOOK! VINTAGE FLORAL

Summer is glorious (especially in Maine!), and this look was inspired by all the color that has emerged over the past few months. Hot pink, yellow, and especially GREEN! I love the color on color on color effect, it makes things so interesting/complex and you really feel so happy wrapped up in all that pattern-y goodness.  You don't even need accessories, although I would be totally fine piling on the jewels... arm party anyone? Now I just need to find the right occasion to wear this.It is amazing how much impact one piece of cloth can have; I picked up this vintage Suzani textile in Istanbul a few years ago. You just can't even believe the color, and I love how much it adds to the composition. Now it hangs behind my bed as a headboard... Emily and I had so much fun shooting this on such a gorgeous day... can you tell? 

Dress- Find, Portland, ME                                                                                                                             Suzani Textile- Grand Bazaar Istanbul                                                                                          Photography- Emily Delamater

6 comments:

  1. ahhh i love your dress and all the colors!!!!! you are too cute, Aves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that dress!! I just stumbled across your blog and I LOVE it - it's really well designed and fun to read! So glad I'm following now. I'd love for you to hop on over to mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this dress is beautiful!
    wish you a nice tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this dress is dreamworthy!! You look stunning :) xx Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, love the turkish blanket - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...