1.05.2012

HEY LADY, HOWD'YA GET SO COOL?

When I am 91... I want to look like this. And in the meantime hats like this will be made.  I'm obsessed with tea parties, did you know that?  When I was little (and still) my mother and her friends, "the art queens" would throw tea parties for each other, and everyone was required to wear a delightful hat.  This number would have been a big hit...  Here, artist Eileen Agar, wears her "Ceremonial Hat for Eating Bouillabaisse," she crafted in the 1930's.
May you too find (or make) your ceremonial cap for doing things like slurping spaghetti and drinking tea.

Scanned in from the World of Interiors December 2011 Issue, photo by Richard Dudley-Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...