1.21.2012

ART FOR YOUR ORANGERY

Portland really is the coolest town.  Have you ever been here? First of all, the completely ridiculous idea about it being entirely too cold to survive here is total b.s. It is REALLY cold, but it's awesome.  I can go sledding out my back door and cross country ski to work if I want.  It is gorgeous... not that dirty smelly slop you get in New York, no siree, it's white here (for the most part).  And what's not to love about puffy jackets?  Anyway, I digress, my point is that Portland is cool.  We have really rad art, for one, and I shall share some with you folks... Clint Fulkerson creates these ink wash on paper pieces.  I discovered him and several other artists using the Creative Portland Maine website, seen it?  It's like Facebook but only for creatives in Portland, sigh, and none of that news feed gobbledygook. Check. It. Out.  and join if you dare.

I think Clint's art looks really great with this room I found in my archives (published in Elle Decor circa 2007? The orangery and the rest of the house, on the shores of Lake Geneva, is that of  Fawaz Gruosi, founder of de Grisogono).  I've been going through stacks and stacks of magazine tear outs (remember this?) and trying to organize my design library so that its actually functional.  Bring it on 2012.   Anyway, dig it.  I like the combo and hope you do to.
Cheers!  Thoughts on the new logo? and layout?  Would love some feedback... til next time good peeps.

1 comment:

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...