7.15.2011

FREEZE POPS

Oh my goodness... we made it to Friday. Wooohooo!!!

Dying to make some of these frozen fruit pops, or Mexican Paletas. So easy, so fun, so delicious! I think I've found my Saturday activity.  Peach, Apricot, Orange... I can't decide.  But I wish I was eating them right now, outside in the sun, on a blanket made from this beautiful fabric.  Recipe below...



Spicy Peach Paletas

What you'll need...

5 Large Ripe Peaches
1 Bucket of Ice Water
1/2 Cup Pure Cane Sugar
1 Lemon
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
2 Teaspoons of Chili Powder (O.H. Recommended)
Pinch of Salt
1/4 Cup of Milk

How to make it...

Score each peach with an "X" on the bottom opposite stem side.
Blanch in boiling water for no more than 1 minute.
Drop into ice bath, this should make the skin peel off easily... (peel off skin).
Liquify sugar, juice of one lemon, cinnamon, chili powder, pinch of salt, and milk in blender.
Pour into popsicle mold, freeze, and enjoy!!

(This recipe and popsicle image was found here, on "Things Wot I Made Then Ate", its an amazing food blog I just discovered, I LOVE how she explains everything and with such witty humor. AWESOME. Definitely going to be a regular reader from now on...)

Happy summer, people.  
This weekend, I am takin' it easy... have a wonderful weekend!



1 comment:

  1. your popsicles came out perfect!! i bet they tasted delicious as well :) peaches are my favorite fruit, so i may just have to give these a try!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...